Surcharges may apply if the condition of the property is beyond our regular service scope. In order for a visit to be eligible for a surcharge, it must be the first visit of the order, and visit must be flagged through the app. If the visit is not flagged, the surcharge cannot be retroactively charged once the visit has been completed. Following the first visit, the property should be regularly maintained.
Overgrown Surcharge (Lawn and Clean Ups): If the length of the grass exceeds 6 inches, you may be eligible to receive extra compensation for the visit.
- This is only possible on our first visit to the property.
- The visit must be flagged in the app with detailed photos (with tape measure showing exact length of grass) and notes to be eligible for an Overgrown Surcharge.
Snow Accumulation: A visit may be eligible for extra compensation if the accumulation on the first visit exceeds 10 cm. In order for the surcharge to be applied, a picture must be uploaded with measurements indicating the depth of the snow, and the visit must be flagged.
Packed Snow: A visit may be eligible for extra compensation if there is a layer of packed snow across the majority of the property. If this is encountered, the visit must be flagged with appropriate photos showing the layer of packed snow. Tire tracks do not count as excessive packed snow.
Debris Removal (Lawn Mowing) - Excessive debris removal is not included in Lawn Mowing service. The customer is quoted at an hourly rate (in 0.5 hr increments) and booked separately.
- Complete the regular visit scope as best as possible, but be sure to flag the visit in the app.
- Be sure to include related photos and details in the app, including an estimate of how long it would take to perform debris removal (separate visit).
- The Yardly Team will quote the customer on the additional work and schedule a visit if they would like to proceed. Alternatively, they may take care of the debris themselves before your next visit.
Extra Cleanup Services (Spring/Fall) - Some excessive debris removal may be included in Cleanup Services. If you see one or more of the below services in the order details that means the customer has agreed to pay for additional labour to have them removed. You must flag the visit with pictures and the amount of time spent performing the additional service.
- Pine needles / pine cones
- Hand removal of leaves and weeds from flower beds
- Fallen fruits and loose branches